DUBAI CAR AND AUTOMOTIVE CITY FREE ZONE
Dubai Cars and Automotive City were established in April 2000 with an aim to re-export used cars to the Asian and African markets. Also known as DUCAMZ,
It is located in Ras Al Khor and has an easy access to the regional airport and seaport, including Dubai International Airport and the Jebel Ali Port as well as modern highways which link the Middle East countries.
The total size of this free zone is 8 million sq. ft, making DUCAMZ free zone the largest free zone of its kind. They offer comprehensive infrastructure to meet the high demands in the automotive industry, providing competent highway connectivity and boosting all mod cons necessary to relocate cars within and outside the region.
The vehicles sold by DUCAMZ are divided into 2 categories:
1. Left-hand drive vehicles to be exported to the local markets and fall under the regulations of the UAE
2. Right-hand drive vehicles dedicated to African countries mostly
Company Formation in DUCAMZ
Free Zone Company
One can choose to form a free zone company in DUCAMZ, which can have multiple shareholders with a minimum of 2 and maximum 5 as the limit. The minimum capital requirement is AED 100,000.
Set Up a Business in DUCAMZ
The activities permitted for companies operating in the Dubai Cars and Automotive City Free Zone are related to trading and selling vehicles. In order to start a business in the DUCAMZ free zone, one must have a valid license, and to get the license, one must apply for the same to the authorities. In DUCAMZ free zone, a valid trade license is a trading license which is issued within 2-4 weeks. There is a certain procedure to apply for a trade license to the authorities. It is as follows:
The important function of Dubai Car and Automobile City is to influence several automobile productions companies to get into re-exporting, including buyers, sellers, traders, and more.
- Managers must provide their passport copies and CVs
- The physical address of each corporate shareholder/applicant must be provided
- Personal Information Sheets must be completed for each individual shareholder and manager
- Suitable space for the business must be leased, and document provided
- Company formation in Dubai Cars and Automotive free zone provides an excellent network, not just through transportation but also in terms of channeling with other automobile industries. They have national and global companies set up in the free zone providing an advantage to the investors who are interested in the same field. DUCAMZ displays an array of renowned brands such as Al Tayer Motors, Luxury Motors Limited, Al Habib Motors, Al Meezan Motors, and other related enterprises. They also provide additional facilities along with the mentioned benefits, like:
- Offices spaces